Lifelong IT/UNIX/Internet infrastructure guy. My experience predates "the web". But I'm here mostly to yell about politics. Not a bot, despite the profile pic

Joined November 2016
CONGRESS SHALL MAKE NO LAW, respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or ABRIDGING THE FREEDOM OF SPEECH, OR OF THE PRESS; or the RIGHT OF THE PEOPLE TO PEACEABLY ASSEMBLE, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
1
3
2
16
Every time "Hard Time" pops up in the rotation, I remember it's probably my absolute favorite episode of the entire run of DS9.
0
0
0
0
David Schenet retweeted
Mistakes were made
29
1,911
77
7,621
53,009
I've somehow completely forgotten the name of the scientist in @ControlRemedy that shows up on all those videos you find. I know his first name is Casper. Dr. Capser... *Something*. I remember Jesse Faden, and Emily Pope, and Ahti, but not the Doc. Maybe I should play it again.
0
0
0
0
šŸŽ¶I like hot-swappable power supplies, and I cannot lie
1
0
0
2
We used to run some older Dell Poweredge (I think) systems that had three power supplies. (Only one power /cable/, though). It was like a small raid5 array - you needed 2/3, so you could lose one. Which was great, because usually at least one would be broken upon shipping anyway.
1
0
0
1
For such giant heavy steel monstrosities, those things were /ridiculously delicate/.
0
0
0
1
I seriously don't understand why it takes at least two rounds of voting (the committee, then the House) to hold Bannon in contempt. This is a binary condition. You either comply with a subpoena, or you don't. He didn't. The penalty should be *automatic*.
1
0
0
1
But it'd be interesting to see all of the R House reps who vote against it, because you just know many will.
0
0
0
0
David Schenet retweeted
What Iā€™m really doing when I say Iā€™m too busy to go out after work
8
84
5
891
16,295
<Rom> It's not Quark's fault that I got sick, I forgot to get my bimonthly ear scan! Besides, I've probably been getting too much Oomox. <Leeta> Oh! Who's the lucky female! <Rom> It's, uh.. just me. <Leeta> Oh. I'm.. sorry.
0
0
0
0
Stream time! I'm about to spend the next 4 days & nights working on my game before release, so let's have a night of SNES classics to unwind with first! twitch.tv/enbykaiju
1
2
0
4
The touchpad on my laptop somehow broke. Rebooting did not fix it. This lappy spends about 98% of its time docked on my desk, so I've got a real mouse. But the other 2% of the time... oof. Gonna hafta re-learn all those windows shortcut keys to click on stuff.
0
0
0
0
It's slightly cool outside -- around 50F - so I've set my thermostat to super-warm.
0
0
0
0
David Schenet retweeted
The sequel to Lisa Needs Braces
223
7,245
145
60,231
I heard a weird hissing noise that took me a while to track down. Turns out it's crappy-lappy. Its fans are running full-speed. I didn't even know it /had/ fans. The only ventilation slots on it are on the bottom. So now it's propped up on a couple of paperback books for airflow.
1
0
0
0
I grabbed two random books from my shelf, because they were backwards and their spines weren't visible at the time, but they were the same size. Pratchett's "Pyramids", and OSC's "The Call of Earth" (I don't think I ever even read that one.)
0
0
0
0
I miss Dead Rising 4. I never managed to complete it. CrappyLappy can't run it. I wish that whole series would come to a streaming service one day.
0
0
0
0
For clarification, there's a "memory hole". I started this dungeon. [FOOTAGE MISSING] I reached the exit. Like... wut?
0
0
0
1
Show this thread